Saturday, May 21, 2011

teeth or no teeth on your alligator?


















Hey my dear sweet readers, I have a little poll for you...


I've been making quite a few little clips lately (GREAT, easy gift to give) and was wondering which you prefer...alligator clips with or without teeth? Some argue that the teeth can snag the hair, but others say that the clips without the ridges in them slip easily out of hair. So I know, this is NOT a major life-changing, world-impacting question....but I'd like some feedback from all of ya'll.


So leave a comment at the bottom of this post (not on my facebook page) & you'll be entered in a drawing to win a few crocheted clips from me!


And for those of you who have no idea what an alligator clip is, ask someone with a small daughter who likes bows. :)

10 comments:

Caitlin Blumer said...

We dont have any bows with teeth, but I always add velcro to the inside of the non-teeth alligator clips so they won't slip out of the hair! So maybe I would say teeth.... Maybe we need to invest in some alligator clips with teeth!! :)

Tina said...

TEETH!!! The bigger the bite the better the hold right!?! Keep up the great work, God has blessed you with a wonderful gift! xoxo

Alicia said...

I vote teeth too! Kensie's hair is so darn slick, only teeth would make your fantastic clips stay put.

Lori said...

Lindsay pulls them out either way, but it does take her a little longer to get out the ones with teeth! LOL

Anonymous said...

All of my clips have no teeth but I am coming to a point that I think they should have teeth. Kate is my bow loser and they always seem to fall out in parking lots. -Kaye

Grammy Janny said...

As a Grammy, I would vote teeth!! Anything to help those bows stay in, its already enough to have to contend with baby brothers and sippy cups, and cinderella. Love your blog!!!

Sarah Brinkman said...

TEETH! TEETH! TEETH!

Unknown said...

I agree...Addison has such fine hair, teeth are great on alligator clips. Have you seen the ones where people also use rug grippers on them? Eda

Janelle Highstreet said...

ok EVERYONE who POSTED ABOVE gets a crochet hair clip...email me with your mailing adress & what color you want the clip to be & I'll get one to you ASAP. Thanks for the feedback!

Michelle said...

Boo hoo. I missed it! I will leave my comment anyway. You definitely need teeth. I love that pink one where the cute girl looks as if she is giving a rock concert. Do you sell on Etsy? I couldn't find you.