Friday, December 30, 2011

a hat or two (or three or more)...

What have I been doing the past few weeks? Well, enjoying family time, plenty of Christmas traditions & lots of eating (eating for two during the holidays is an unreal experience). I've also been completing a bunch of custom orders, finishing up just before "santa" was due to arrive. So, here are a few of the special hats I made this past week or two...


This red one & the fuchsia one below went to a good friend of mine who is battling stage four cancer right now & due to her chemotherapy is just starting to lose her hair. Man, I hate cancer & the effect it has on the body. I think I have an equal disdain for those treatments, they really do a number on the body as well. So anyway, these little hats are my sad little attempt to make a bright spot in the battle...

On that note, if you know someone battling cancer who would be perked up by a hand crocheted hat, PLEASE email me their name, address, story, etc & I will whip up a hat for them. For some reason God has given me the strange talent & love to crochet, so I might as well use it to benefit another one of his children. So really, email me. I'm not concerned about how many hats to make, it would be my pleasure to give.


After making the red bobble hat above, I decided Tatum just had to have one too...well I had to use up the extra yarn :) I love this kid, even though it is a constant struggle to even get her to look at the camera (without a blanket shoved in her sweet little 3 year old mouth).


More goodies to come this week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelle, Thank you for the cute hats. I love them. They keep my bald head nice and warm and are super cute too. I love you and i loved your comments on your blog. I hate cancer too!!! and the treatments!!! But if it will make me better.. Anyway, see you soon.
Jan

Janelle Highstreet said...

Love you Jan...keep up the fight!