Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's good to be a baby...

I just finished up a couple extra-luxurious minky & silky-edged blankets for two very special little kiddos. My mother-in-law asked me to make them good size (she's the one giving them, I'm just the one making them), so each of these little babies measures 1 yard by 1 yard. Minky & satin are two tricky fabrics to work with, and putting them together poses an even greater challenge. But like so many things in life, with challenges come great rewards, and these blankets are completely worthwhile in the end.
Around here, we're blanket-lovers. Take a snapshop of our house at anytime, and one of my kids will have one of those beautiful satin-edged blankies shoved in their mouth in perfect euphoria. Needless to say, I worked on these blankets while my kids were sleeping, lest they decide to "try-out" the blankies for themselves!
This red one is going to my niece Elizabeth as a pick-me-up during her stay in Valley Children's.
She recently received a Ladybug PillowPet for Christmas & it was decided that the pillow pet needed a companion to match!
(Sidenote- the book is not going to her, nor is the adorable BlaBla doll, they are simply little props to add a bit of interest to the photo!
But have you read this book to your kids yet? It's great. )


This one is headed to wrap around my sweet new nephew Lincoln.

Ultra soft, & totally cuddly, it reminded me once again: it's good to be a baby.




No comments: