Friday, July 1, 2011

Custom bedding...



A few months ago I was approached about doing some custom bedding for one very lucky little lady. I had done a few crib bedding sets before, but hadn't tackled an entire girl's bedroom. This was a humongous project to take on, but definitely one of my favorites thus far. The mama & I met a few times to pick out fabrics, discuss bedding options & get a "feel" for what the room should look like. Let me just say, the fabrics she chose were so cute and colorful, I did my very best to use up every last scrap of fabric (that's where the bunting came in). I made the quilt at the foot of the best first, then played around with some pillow options. I next worked on the bedskirt, which took a little perfecting. After the bedding was complete, we decided that curtains should be made to coordinate. Nothing is super matchy-matchy in here, but it all came together to form an eclectic, colorful little hideaway for a sweet little girl.

Overall I love the feel of the room, it will be one that can grow with the little lady occupying it & hopefully be enjoyed for many years to come...

























4 comments:

srslegers said...

Your amazing!!! =)

Deene Souza said...

crazy cute!

Cindy Atherton said...

Janelle, Thank you so much, we love Rowyn's room and love all the details. Thank you for taking my crazy dream and crazy amount of fabric and making it just perfect for now and for years to come.

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness, plum adorable! What a talent you have! The whole room is to die for