Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ahhhh...lovin' the bias

Hello again friends...been a full few weeks, thus the long delay in posts...no worries, busy weeks mean lots of projects & plenty of posts to come!

This past week I finally bought the Simplicity Bias Tape maker. After swooning over it since I first laid eyes on it, I decided it would be a great addition to my sewing repertoire. And it totally is. Here are a few projects I twiddled around with this past week.


I used the bias tape around the armholes of a pillowcase dress, and made a few coordinating ties to go with it for a custom order.




And then used a little extra on an oilcloth bib. I love the fact that now I can pick any coordinating fabric to make bias tape out of & it's a lot more inexpensive than buying the small packs from the fabric store. Hopefully I'll soon get the hang of cutting & sewing the fabric on the bias, as my little machine can whip out 25 feet of bias tape a minute. Woo hoo :)


No comments: