Saturday, July 21, 2012

t-shirt refashions...

After being pregnant for what seems like the past  four years straight, my closet was a disaster. I've been pregnant, than post-pregnant, almost my regular size, then pregnant again...and so on. You get the picture. So my closet was in dire need of a good cleaning-out.
During this process I found a few items stained, with holes, stretched out, or just not fitting right that all had one thing in common: plenty of detail. I am a big advocate of donating to thrift stores, but I knew I wanted a few of these pieces to refashion into items for my girls.
 So combine detailed garments with simple sewing & this is what you get:

FROM THIS stained & stretched out JCrew shirt:

TO THIS simple ruffled onesie for my sweet baby:



FROM THIS interesting sequined sweater from Forever21 (what was I thinking? this is not my style! luckily I remember I paid less than $6 for it):

 TO THIS ruffled onesie again for Gwen:


 FROM THIS Foever21 top that I never wore b/c I could never find the right tank for underneath:
PLUS THIS cropped top from Anthropologie (someone else's hand-me-down, given to me):
 it had great embroidery on the front:
 TO THIS little tank dress for my 3 year old:


Now you go! Find something in your closet that you're not wearing, and re-purpose it!
Super simple & easy! (and not to mention practically free!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of them you are so creative. You are amazing.

April

Janelle Highstreet said...

thanks for the sweet comment April! :)