Monday, April 8, 2013

America Girl Reversble Dresses

 Tatum has been really into her American Girl Doll lately. This doll was a gift from her Opa & Gigi, who bought it for her last summer on a trip to Chicago. It is a sweet looking doll, and her hair and eyes match Tatum's so cute!
Anyway, we took a drive to the American Girl store in Denver last week while we had family in town visiting. Tatum & her cousins took their dolls, got their hair styles, and each picked out outfits. The store is like a dream for little girls, and Tatum wanted every outfit in the store. Granted, this is NOT a mom store...It is a Grandma store. There was no way I was going to spend $100-200 on a toy horse for Tatum's doll. Nor did I want to buy her doll multiple outfits at $35+ each (those of which I really didn't like the fabric!)
So anyway, I coaxed Tatum into choosing a dress for her doll that had decent material (and one I didn't think I could make on my own), and told her I would make her doll more dresses when we got home. So these dresses are the result of that. Tatum chose the fabrics, and I started sewing.

These dresses are a classic simple style, in bright fabrics that little girls will love.
What's best about these are that they are reversible,  so it's two dresses for the price of one.
AND, the shoulders snap together, so it's easy for a four year old to dress her doll by herself.

AND....what else is best is that they are in the ETSY shop right now.
For now, there are only two of each dress, but if they sell well, I'll add more to the shop!


















No comments: