Monday, April 29, 2013

Duuuuum dum, duh dum

Just finished up a little flower girl dress for a custom order...the mom & bride were looking for something pretty specific, & after looking around, they really didn't find anything the loved, so that's where I came in :)
Like usual, I used a bit of a pattern for the dress, but mostly just winged it to create the look they wanted. I used a basic satin and topped it with a pretty lace for the top of the dress. Then I added at least 5 yards of tulle to the bottom, with a couple yards of netting sandwiched in between the layers of tulle to add some stiffness & fullness. I then took some scraps of chiffon & satin and created the belt for a little contrast. The belt is made from the same material as the bridesmaids' dresses, so the wee little flower girl will coordinate with them! I then created hand ruffled flowers from fabric using a little heat from a candle. I hand sewed them together and embellished using a mix of crystals, metal beads, etc to add a bit of sparkle. Overall, it was a fun project & I can't wait to see the little lady wear it!















No comments: