Wednesday, March 28, 2012

those were the [pioneer] days...

Just when you thought this blog couldn't get any more random...

The Pioneer Ensemble
I wanted to share a little project I completed a few weeks or so ago for a little girl from my church. She is in the third grade and they were having a pioneer day, thus the need for this costume.
This was a really fun & kind-of tricky project to work on. Lots and Lots of detailing went into it...ruffles, zippers, pleats & hems, which takes time and thought :) I forced myself to use a pattern (for the bonnet & dress at least, I just winged the apron) and it turned out great. I chose "pioneer-ish fabrics like 100% cotton & unbleached muslin to help it look more authentic.
All-in-all, it made me want to curl up on my couch and re-read the entire Little House On The Prairie series like I had when I was a little girl.



No comments: