Monday, February 14, 2011

Crochet away...


A couple crochet shawls for a set of cute little twins. Size 12months- these shawls are even more darling in a small size. The plus side is that the girls can wear the pieces as shawls now, and as they grow, they can wear them as neck cowls. Plus all of the flowers and bows are removable clips, so they can wear them in their hair as well. The scalloped edge at the bottom really adds sweetness, no?

I also got a custom order this week for a couple crochet headbands. I have seen these things all over the place, and haven't attempted making them until this order came in. I searched tirelessly for a pattern online, and when I couldn't find one I decided to just start crocheting & go with it. (truth is I pretty much despise following patterns- it is not "free" enough for me- or something like that) They turned out pretty cute. I finished them off with a crochet flower & a few covered buttons out of some of my favorite fabric scraps from Anna Maria Horner's line.
I did not have a very cooperative model this day, I think the sight of the sun made her uncontainable & excited to run around.

No comments: