Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a peek into my sewing room...

Space is at a premium around here, not because we don't have an adequate-enough size house for our family of four, but because I am a collector (I think my mom would call it closer to hoarder). Since the arrival of child#2 my sewing room-slash-office has now turned into a sewing room-slash-office-slash-nursery. It is cozy and slightly cramped and actually I kind of like it. I like the idea that Hayes goes to bed at night surrounded by colors & textures & quite often a mess of chaos on my desk next to his crib.
Anyway, I snagged a bunch of great wool yarn from my favorite thrift store in town, Rescued Treasures on Mooney Blvd. & I knew they'd add some great color to the room. I think they fit quite well next to my Gma Alice's buttons & my Great Grandma Jo's knitting needles. What can I say, I can't get enough of vintage.
Speaking of that...if any of you readers have vintage sewing or knitting supplies, let me know & I'll be sure to take them off your hands for ya :) I'm always on the hunt for more buttons & yarn and fabric. Most girls would love a new purse or a great coat, I want vintage supplies.

The mannequin head was a great find several years ago from Visalia Emergency Aid. I picked her up for a mere 3 bucks. The frames are all thrifted, as well as the green 4 drawer dresser. Yep- as you can see from the photo, it's now used as a changing table instead of sewing space.



The hat on the mannequin belonged to my husband's Grandma Evada. I love having reminders of family around the house- especially when they are as beautiful as that hat. One of these days you'll see me wearing it to church, or perhaps I'll wear it around town the day of the royal wedding :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I have to say is you are your fathers child!! :-)