Wednesday, March 2, 2011

memory anyone?


I wanted to share a fun project with you that I made a while back. I am a sucker for anything handmade and I try to stray away from plastic & character toys (for some reason I have not passed this down to my daughter, cause she can't seem to get enough of Minnie Mouse figurines & the like). So I saw a project online to make your own memory game, thus getting to choose the pictures that go on each piece & not being subject to staring at Dora during the game play. This was a great project to do. Yes, a bit time consuming, but oh so worth it. After a little searching, cropping, cutting, sanding, modgepodging & spray painting, these little babies were finished. I've since made several more sets, they make great gifts for boys or girls.
And we happily play Memory together, with those colorful little vintage illustrations staring back at us.

No comments: