Monday, March 7, 2011

slightly felt obsessed....

I have been working quite a bit with felt this week & wanted to share a few projects. Felt first of all is one of the most inexpensive fabrics you can buy (unless it's wool felt...which I LOVE) and it is super easy to work with because it does not fray. No hemming required. It is also neat because it sort-of sticks to itself, so you can make tons of projects for kids out of it.
My first project was a few felt flowers. I made a few out of inexpensive felt as well as a few in wool felt & honestly, the wool felt is way better, but it is not readily available in very many colors locally.
So a while later here's what I had done....




I also made a few out of some leather & suede scraps I picked up last week at the thrift store. The bag was full of cut up pieces that probably looked like trash to most other people, but I knew there would be a perfect project for those scraps. And this was it.
One man's trash truly can be another (wo)man's treasure.

A few have gone on to become clips & adornments for headbands...

Another really great project is in the works using the beautiful mustard colored ones...

No comments: